The attack in Nice, France, on 14 July 2015, has set off another festival of death in Europe, complete with candles, flowers, tears, and handwritten notes. This is the current European generation’s consistently effete and feckless answer to the murderous acts of war inflicted on them by Islamist fighters. It is a tradition good for florists, stationers, candle-makers, and handkerchief producers, but it is merely a source of endless mirth for the Islamists, and horror for the few adults remaining in the West.
My own response to the attack was to thank God that it was in Europe and not America, and to ponder why in the world the Europeans have not yet hung and then drawn-and-quartered their leaders after nearly two decades of their abject failure to provide adequate national security. Indeed, the European leaders have invited the Islamists who kill, molest, and help bankrupt their citizens to come to Europe not assimilate but to live on the dole and plot attacks, all in the name of furthering the twin calamities so beloved of the EU — and Hillary Clinton and her party — called diversity and multiculturalism.
The depth of the European leaders’ inability to make contact with reality is seen in the well-coifed person of France’s President Hollande, who, even as he bewailed the Islamists’ victorious raid on Nice, was tracking the travel of the French aircraft carrier he sent to the Middle East to further the West’s unnecessary and self-defeating military intervention in an intra-civilization Muslim war which will pit Islam’s two great sects against each other in a war to the death, if only the West would stay out of their way.
If the West does not abstain it will die, and when its eulogy is written, a two-part question will need answering. First, why, since the Cold War’s end, have European and North American political leaders so adamantly believed that they know more about “true” Islam than any Muslim in the world? Second, why did those leaders think that they could relentlessly interfere politically, culturally, economically, and militarily in Muslim states and affairs, wholeheartedly support Muslim generals, dictators, presidents, and kings who oppress Muslim populations, blindly support Israel in all it does, says, and occupies, identify Muslim blood as eminently more expendable than Western blood, and yet refuse to believe that they were motivating many Muslims to legitimately respond with force in their own defense? Today’s ignorant European leaders are all too similar to the leaders of Rome as it declined toward tyranny. “Nobody knew,” the Roman historian Tacitus said of Rome’s leaders, “everyone pontificated.”
In the United States, the reaction has been similarly nauseating. President Obama and Mrs. Clinton continue to speak as if the Islamists are — like so much of their party — the criminal scum of the earth, instead of a talented and ruthless enemy that has defeated multiple Western field armies, runs a nascent state, continues aggressive expansion around the world, and seems able to attack in the West at the time and place of its choosing. The Republicans — including Mr. Trump, who increasingly seems to value “America First” as a slogan, not a substantive policy — are calling for the use of more U.S. military force and for involving NATO’s minuscule militaries in the Middle East, presumably on the ground.
The depth of ignorance of the two parties about the disaster their leaders have wrought for the United States in the Middle East seems bottomless. Even after two full decades of complete failure in America’s war with Islam, they still think that the only way to win is to continue the interventionist policies and military actions that most motivate and increasingly strengthen the Islamists, be they in Islamic State, Al-Qaeda, or any other group.
If the United States is to survive its war with Islam, it can do so only by facing reality, resolutely putting its own interests first, disengaging from foreign commitments that limit or negate American sovereignty and independence of action, and base no future involvement in international affairs on emotion, sympathy, democracy, or ideology. Several points are pertinent in this regard.
- The United States is bankrupt, perhaps irretrievably so. It cannot possibly afford to fight what now is a world war against the Islamists. The war itself is the result of failed, even brain-dead leadership by George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and all of both parties’ 2016 presidential candidates, save Trump, and even he seems headed toward the land of the foreign-policy brain-dead, most recently by choosing the Israel-First governor of Indiana as his running mate.
- The United States government was created for only four reasons; namely, to secure the republic’s continental domain; effectively defend Americans against foreign attack; protect and assist the growth of the Constitution’s regime of ordered liberty and limited government; and facilitate the growth of American business, trade, and enterprise at home and internationally. Since 1945, these four goals have slowly fallen into tatters, and, under the past four presidents, the only true reasons for the U.S. government’s existence still exist, but are no longer being carried out.
- Americans are under no binding obligation to anyone but themselves and their God, and if the U.S. national government has ignored this fact, and bound them through treaties and other pacts to defend, fund, rescue, and democratize other nations, the policies that have done so and, perhaps, the government that has thus destroyed the republic’s sovereignty and independence, must be eliminated. Likewise, Americans are under no constitutional obligation to admit any immigrant, migrant, or illegal alien from any other country on earth if they do not want them in the United States. The refusal of entry can be applied to any foreigner and need be neither explained nor justified. All power, of courses, comes from the people and they temporarily delegate portions of it their elected representatives. On immigration, these representatives have for forty years exercised this delegated power to their own and not the voters’ satisfaction, and so, thanks to these cheap-labor wanters and diversity-and-multiculturalism mongers, the republic is awash and endangered by millions of illegal aliens, IS-or-al-Qaeda-related Arab migrants, and other on-the-dole foreigners who have no intention of assimilating. It is now time to end this national-government-encouraged invasion of the illegal, the unwanted, and the threatening, and thereby restore to the people their right to decide who is allowed to live in America, as well as to reacquaint their elected representatives with the constitutional fact that Americans are their masters, not their servants.
- The substance of U.S. foreign policy must be only material in nature, not ideological, personal, idealistic, or driven by emotion and favoritism. Washington, Adams, and Jefferson all ran foreign policies according to principles — the policies of non-intervention and neutrality — they intended to endure indefinitely. They believed that those policies would promote America’s economy and trade, serve to avoid war at almost any cost, and steer the republic clear of what Jefferson rightly described as “entangling alliances.” Today, the U.S. government does precisely the opposite. It has committed Americans to automatic war to defend such irrelevancies as Bulgaria and Israel; it gets U.S. soldiers and Marines killed in the name of spreading democracy, abortion rights, and women’s rights, the spread of which are irrelevant to the republic’s security interests, and attempts to do so undermine U.S. security; and it gets choked up with syrupy emotion and pretended grief over dead Frenchmen, Belgians, Yazidis, Nigerians, Israelis, and countless other foreigners — but not over minority-killed U.S. policeman. After such irrelevant-to-America deaths, the U.S. government offers assistance better used at home to all kinds to foreign regimes, and seems to not know that the only dead people America must fight to avenge are Americans who have been attacked and killed by foreigners. Foreign dead may genuinely pain some tender American hearts, but they are neither a sane nor a constitutional justification for involving the republic in other peoples’ fights.
- After the presidential election, either Trump or Clinton will find that the shelves of the U.S. war-making cupboard are bare. The U.S. military and intelligence services are exhausted in human and material terms from 20 years of constant, politically correct, and always losing warfare. They will also find that the services’ internal cohesion and operational security have been intentionally shredded by Obama through his and Clinton’s flooding of them with sexual deviants of all descriptions and unqualified individuals appointed because of race, ethnicity, or gender, not merit. No nation, government, or institution is ever strengthened by the addition of baseness.
- The U.S. military and intelligence services are too small to deal with what George W. Bush and Barack Obama have turned into a world war against Islam. Clinton, Trump, and the NATO leaders now blithely speak of intensifying the West’s war with Islam but seem to have no idea about what fighting an anti-Islamist world war would mean in term of manpower requirements, economic costs, and casualties. How many men and women, and how much money and blood would it take, do they think, to definitively destroy the Islamist forces now growing and/or fighting in, say, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia, Bosnia, France, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Yemen, the Philippines, Cameroon, Tunisia, Morocco, the UK, Russia, the United States, Canada, Mauritania, Albania, Kosovo, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, western China, Turkey, Germany, Sudan, Macedonia, the North Caucasus’ states, Mali, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Belgium, Niger, Spain, Italy, the Central Asian republics, Austria, and Bangladesh. To do so, of course, would require the reactivation of conscription in the United States and all NATO countries, as well as enormous amounts of new spending for the war effort, requiring, in turn, deeper deficit spending or economy-killing levels of taxation or both.
- The U.S. and NATO are led by people who have proven, since Osama bin Laden declared war on them in August, 1996, that they find the idea of military victory old-fashioned and repugnant. Presidents, prime ministers, senators, chancellors, generals, politicians, and religious figures cannot comprehend that if you enter a war: (a) it must be a necessary war, not a war of choice, and you must be determined to win it at whatever cost is required; (b) the war will involve killing the enemy, his civilian abettors and supporters, and destroying his infrastructure; and (c) that war is always winnable if you eradicate your foes, or at least kill them in numbers enormous enough to make those remaining alive eager to quit the fight. The leaders noted above, however, seem oblivious to the four rules of war: (a) never go to war unless your country’s survival is at risk; (b) always apply military force at the highest and most indiscriminate level possible; (c) end the war with complete victory and as quickly as possible, speed being the only mercy in war; and (d) withdraw completely from the foreign soil when the war is over, do nothing to help bury the dead or rebuild the ruins, and leave alone whoever is left of the enemy to savor the death and physical ruination they brought on themselves.
- Because William T. Sherman, Phillip Sheridan, or George Patton cannot be recalled from the dead to apply these rules to contemporary U.S. war-making, Americans would do well to consider recalling General James Mattis, USMC, from retirement, making him Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and authorizing him to do as General George C. Marshall did on the eve of World War II, which was to retire almost 200 military officers, ranked from captain to colonel, who were nothing more than deadwood and blocked the promotion of more competent officers. General Mattis ought to be directed to go even further and retire every serving general and admiral who has ever publicly lied by saying that “there is no military solution” to this or that war. There is, needless to say, always a military solution to every war — it is called killing.
In sum, there are today, and have been for 30 years, only five issues that demand implementation by the U.S. national government: (a) the aggressive dismantling of the unconstitutional legal and economic preferences given to women, minorities, legal and illegal immigrants, sexual deviants, etc., and the restoration of the equality of all before the law; (b) a 180-degree change in the republic’s interventionist foreign policy; (c) control and then elimination of the national government’s debt; (d) promotion of the highest possible level of employment; and (e) closing the borders of the United States and a adopting 10-year ban on all immigration.
We must get on with these tasks right now, and dismiss the Potemkin issue of race that Obama and Holder have generated and exploited to further his own racist and authoritarian ambitions, create violence to destroy America’s social cohesion, and take more money from working Americans and give it to slackers of all sorts who want unconstitutional legal preference, not equality before the law. Dismiss also the clearly felonious Hillary Clinton, the shrieking, man-hating Elizabeth Warren, and their women’s movement, which exists only to decide, like Hitler’s judiciary, who is a human being, to protect the “right” to murder the unborn, and to secure for women unconstitutional legal preference, not equality before the law. Most of all, dismiss the establishments of both political parties, men and women whose routine anti-American exploits, selfish intentions, and coarse, nearly limitless greed and baseness were presciently described in a speech to the Roman Senate — about its facilitation of tyranny — that is attributed to the lawyer, statesman, and philosopher Marcus Tullius Cicero.
“For this day’s work, lords, you have encouraged treason and opened the prison doors to free the traitors. A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the carrier of the plague. You have unbarred the gates of Rome to him.”
To slow, and perhaps stop, the calculated murder of the U.S. constitution, the American republic’s descent into arbitrary government via minority rule, and the Obama-Clinton campaign to promote societal division and racial hatreds that will lead to civil war, the next-elected national government must jettison the destructive ephemera Obama’s administration catered to and falsely identified as life-and-death issues. It then must focus solely on restoring the concept of equality before the law, re-installing a non-interventionist and neutral foreign policy; closing borders and halting immigration for a defined period of years; controlling and then steadily reducing the national debt; and promoting job creation by cancelling the Obama executive orders that have choked the growth of small business.
Time is short. America already has survived much longer than most of history’s other republics, but it cannot bear more progressivism from its authors in the Democratic Party and its cowardly abettors in the Republican. Hillary Clinton and the bipartisan U.S. political elite share one striking characteristic, they both resemble elderly, saggy, hair-dyed, botoxed, and thoroughly spent Madams who ignore the mirror and behave as if they are still dazzlingly beautiful, the most desired, beguiling, and high-price-worthy whores in the brothel. And when they speak of America, they talk as if it is still 1945, thereby proving that they have no clue about either how much worldwide hatred they blithely have won for America, or how devastatingly their policies have damaged the republic’s economy, social cohesion, international standing, military capabilities, constitutional order, and national pride.
Fortunately, while Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and most of the bipartisan governing elite will remain decaying whores until the happy-for-America day of their deaths, America has a chance to recover. To begin that restoration, the next administration need make no “progress” in the Obama-Clinton sense, it need only to reverse what they have done, and begin to restore what the elite has sought to bury; namely, the program of America First, which includes ordered liberty, nationalism, an independent and neutral foreign policy, a powerfully intimidating to military to ensure no foe mistakes U.S. neutrality for pacifism, and sovereign control of borders and all aspects of domestic and foreign affairs. The next administration must also adopt an aloofness that allows the rest of the world’s nations to find their own destinies without having to fend off a self-righteous, lawless, and war-mongering U.S. government that demands they follow its self-serving prescriptions for how to vote, pray, abort, amend scripture, treat women, and, generally, slavishly accept and mirror the actions and ideas of the American governing elite, men and women whose crack-pot theories, hubris, lawlessness, greed, and international behavior have shamed and nearly destroyed the republic and brought unnecessary war to much of the world.