Having been at war with Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda, and their growing number of allies for nearly fourteen years, Americans now find they have elected a president who has a solution for the problem.
Faced with increasing Muslim hatred for the impact of U.S. foreign policy in the Islamic world, Obama and his advisers have decided that the U.S. government will no longer use the words “Islam” or “Islamic” to describe our enemies, or the word “jihad” to describe the war they are waging against us. This usage, they say, “offends” Muslims. The impetus for the decision seems to be to appease those who do not like the use of the word “Islamic” when it is tied to the anti-U.S. jihad being waged by many Muslims. The “offended” are mostly the Saudi and Gulf regimes that fund much of the federal debt and hold the oil dagger over our economy’s heart, as well as the U.S.-based Muslim groups they sponsor and which use the constitution’s guarantee of religious freedom to spread a martial and anti-Christian brand of Islam. Those who are killing our soldiers and Marines abroad, however, are only too proud to describe themselves as Islamists who are waging a defensive jihad against “Christian-Zionist Crusaders.” In addition, their leaders and clerical supporters have repeatedly declared “this war is preeminently a war of creeds.”
Obama’s actions on this issue and others raise a good number of troubling questions:
- Why would Obama deliberately make it more difficult for Americans to understand the world they live in and the Islam-motivated forces that are attacking them?
- Why has he deliberately dismantled the CIA programs which — whatever you think of them — provided at least some success against al-Qaeda when he has nothing to put in their place?
- Why — like his predecessors — has he done nothing to defend U.S. borders when U.S. citizens continue to be killed by Mexican gangsters or illegal aliens?
- Why does he refuse to tell Americans how many Muslim illegals are stopped each month crossing our borders; give them an estimate of how many we miss; and note that the threat of nuclear terrorism in the United States cannot be lessened unless our land and water borders are effectively controlled?
- We does he allow the United States to be humiliated by thugs like Netanyahu and non-entities like Hamid Karzai?
- Why is he eager for a war with Iran that is dictated to him by Israel and pro-Israel U.S. citizens?
- Why does he surround himself with advisers who manifest almost every kind of anti-U.S., anti-republican, and anti-Christian ideology imaginable, and whose blood lust is reserved not for America’s enemies but for its unborn?
- Why has he wasted 16 months on a health care bill opposed by half the population, while allowing unemployment to grow and building the federal deficit to intolerable and unsustainable heights?
- Why is he allowing this massive debt to be funded by U.S. enemies in Beijing and Riyadh?
- Why has he shackled rules-of-engagement on our soldiers and Marines that make them targets and not the killers they should be?
- Why has he warned our Afghan enemies three-months in advance of the coming U.S.-led military offensive in Kandahar so they can sow the city and province with mines, IEDs, and booby-traps to kill our troops?
- Why has he stopped improving the quality of U.S. nuclear weapons while our enemies keep improving their weapons?
Aside from the fact that Obama, his advisers, and their predecessors have been mentally crippled and inculcated with hatred for America by effete and amoral Ivy League educations, I have no answers for the foregoing. But I do believe the Founders saw the chance that these fellows would come down the pike at some point and therefore included the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
In terms of open borders, deliberately misidentifying our Islamist foes and their motivation, refusing to permit U.S. troops to defeat the country’s enemies, groveling to and obeying Israel, and squandering our taxes, Obama is more extreme only in degree than his immediate predecessors.
We will have the 2010 and 2012 elections to clean out this unsavory gang of over-educated, anti-American elitists, but in the mean time Americans ought to keep their powder dry. Violence and crime from Mexico and the next chapter of the war been Israelis and Muslims are clearly coming to U.S. streets. And given the performance so far of Obama’s administration, and his predecessors’ record of abject failure in the same areas, it seems clear that Americans will have no one but themselves — armed with the 2nd Amendment’s guarantees — to defend their families, property, and independence.